Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Birthday!

On March 22 Grandma turned 94 years old!
We had a "surprise" party for her at the home where she lives.
Not sure a "surprise" party is a good idea for a 94 year old...but she survived with out incident!
Each candle represents 47 years...wow that sounds crazy! 
Imagine the things she has seen and lived through in her lifetime.  It's hard to even wrap our minds around that kind of timeline!
Some of the things that were invented in or around 1919 were the Pop-up toaster, Short wave radio, Band-Aid, Life Savers, refrigerators, Pyrex and the Bra! She has seen a lot in her lifetime!
She has lived a full life ..a life of ministry....at her party we talked about the years she took us grandkids to camp and the many people she met!  She was best friends in high school with my biological grandma and ended up marrying her husband (Bill Sr) after she passed away!  To me, she is my "real" grandma ..she is the only grandma I have known (on my dad's side).  She has loved me like her own and the most precious is, knowing how she has prayed for me and my family over the years!  She is a wonderful lady and I'm blessed to have her in my life!  I'm a richer woman because of her! 
Grandma enjoying her day!

No comments: