Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Search is Over

Someone once told me, I know a lot of things...Hahahaha...I replied, I only know 4 things--I just share them with everyone I know! ( I hope that made you smile!!)

So with that intro..I wanted to share this recipe with you that I really really like....


Moist Banana Bread

1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
2 eggs

1/4 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 c flour

3 large rip bananas--mashed
1/2 c of walnuts roughly chopped
1 t vanilla
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Preheat oven to 375 F
Beat sugar, butter and eggs
Add dry ingredients
Add mashed banana, chopped nuts and vanilla.
Mix well to combine

Pour into a well greased and lined loaf tin. 

Cook for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. I had to cook it for a further 10 minutes but topped it with baking paper to keep the crust a nice color.

This bread cuts beautifully when fully cooled. If you want to eat it still a little warm slice it very carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My comments....
****My secret ingredient...Banana Baby food!  The recipe calls for 3 banana's, as luck would have it, I only had 2! So I added a 4 oz jar of baby food to replace 1 of the bananas.  I'm wondering if you could make it with only baby food?  ..or maybe peach bread? or how about tropical delight bread?  Could someone try that and get back with me? I actually think this adds to the moistness (call me crazy!!!)


****Make sure you grease the pans REALLY REALLY well...both times I have made it, it has stuck to the bottom of the pan...=(

****You can make muffins or 2 smaller loaves..if you prefer...duh! Lower the baking time accordingly...duh!

This was my finished loaf....keep in mind, I made a large (to give away) and a smaller (one for us) so this one isn't really tall....also, I obviously didn't cover it with the 'baking paper' the recipe calls for!  I thought about it..does that count for anything?


For those of you that want to print it from a word document....
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/67296291/moist%20Banana%20Bread.doc

Steve made this link, so I have no idea if it works right or not...let me know if you can't get it to work!


1 comment:

Sara said...

You know, I usually use about 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce for 1 of the bananas - same idea as the baby food. I prefer the more subtle banana flavor anyway, so it works well. Maybe next you can try baby food prunes in it. ;-)

Sara