Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Weeks Happenings!

About 3 times a year we have a 'small group' with our AWANA girls. During those times we do something special with the girls.. sometimes they bake something, make jewelry, play board games...whatever we can do to spend some one on one with our group! We had one 2 weeks ago...which fell right around Valentines Day.... convenient huh....my thoughts exactly..CHOCOLATE!!!
We taught the girls how to make chocolate spoons..you know, the kind that you use to stir your coffee or hot cocoa and we made some chocolate heart candies with molds.  They had great fun making a special treat for their parents or special person in their life!
The other leader, Judy Hall didn't make it in any of the pictures..but she made them all hot chocolate. 


They are a great bunch of girls...we enjoy them every Wednesday night! 
____________________________________
For Trent's 10th Birthday he wanted to go roller skating.  We went to an area rink..Roller Fox...for  Thursday night open skate.  He invited 4 buddies...Dolan, Carson, Eli and Abel.
Here's what it looked like... 
Carson & Trent trying to get the hang of it 
opening presents 
Carson 
Tyler and Alisha 
Pizza and Pop 
And of course a little Air Hockey 





Trent 
Some Hokey Pokey Action 



________________________________________________

God new what he was doing when Steve and I met so many years ago....he's the only guy that would put up with all my shenanigans!
I have appliances issues..lets just say I like them to run right!  Steve has soldered, rewired & fixed more appliances than I can count...he is the master of repair!  Somethings probably shouldn't have been repaired....they have outlived their life span! 
My latest project for him was my Kitchen Aid mixer.  It was dripping oil where you insert the beater.  Most normal people would just wipe it off..Oh but not me!!!  Steve came in the kitchen last week to me taking the mixer a part...."Whoa Whoa Whoa what are you doing!?"  "I'm fixing my mixer!"  Steve said "oh no you are not!"
Well today was the day to figure it out.... 
apparently the grease around the motor had liquefied.... after consulting with a local repair shop and YouTube..we decide to clean off the excess grease and reassemble it.... 
And NEVER remove the screw looking knobs on the side of the mixer..they are NOT screws!  They are brushes (not hair brushes...motor brushes)  Well I removed them from this hole and we couldn't get them back in...we did eventually get them in but one is semi-broken.  The question is--why did they put a slot in the top of the screw if they didn't want them out?.....it was begging to be unscrewed!! 
The repair man in my life!  Oh honey thank you!  What would I do with out you?!! 

No comments: