Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another Year Down.....

Yep, that's right, another year down!!! We had another successful garage sale. We started on Thur morning and it ran through Saturday noon. We have taken in a total of over....drum roll please....$1400! WOW!!....can you believe it....totally amazing! I'm totally bummed that I never got a picture of the sale when we opened on Thur. morning. People were asking if we were moving out? Some asked if we owned a furniture store? It was a sight to behold. We were sure we were going to have to call the police for a fender bender. There must have been 10 cars there at any given time on Thur.
We have returned the tables, taken left overs to Mel Trotter, swept the garage, taken down the pipe for hanging stuff, counted the money and closed the garage door!!!!!!! We said good bye to 2 couches, one vanity, one love seat, 2 Lazy-Z-Boys, one chainsaw, a boat w/ trailer & motor, a dishwasher (with no racks!), many clothes, cd's, movies on vhs, 2 end tables, 3 pc set of tables (Julie and Janice you will remember them, as the brown set made of titanium plastic!), basketball hoop, treadmill, stepper, 2 totes full of fabric........
Things that didn't go........old lady sandals (3 pairs all matching in different colors), 2 pc fireplace poker set, a custom bowling ball (can't imagine why?), 4 boxes of used curlers, the black ones with pokey bristles sticking out of them (just to set the record straight...I sold 4 broken curling irons)......
It is totally amazing to watch people at a sale picking up stuff. You just have to wonder what they are going to use it for and where they might be going to store it. I honestly would love to go home with some of these people I think it would be a hoot to see them in action with their 'stuff'! People are just crazy I'm quickly realizing!!!!
Two boys were fighting over Dad & Linda's $2 bike.....Linda got quite a kick out of listening to these boys arguing over it. One boy was on it and the other boy was trying to pay for it!
Well another year done! Sorry I didn't get a picture to capture the moment! There is always next year.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was doing good with a $136 sale. I am definately in the wrong company. I couldn't hardly sell working items! I need you to come and help me--or I need to bring my stuff to your house. Great job on your sale.

julie said...

Boy do we have garage selling in our blood or what. Sorry I missed all the deals.

Amanda Gail Miller said...

I should have stopped! Glad to hear the sale went so well.