Monday, December 17, 2007

Proud Moment....

You all thought this was going to be about my kids and some nice thing they did...nope!
This was my first attempt ever at making Peanut Brittle. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com (a wonderful site, by the way!!) yesterday. It was for a microwave brittle and I decided to try it today. It was a proud moment for me when it all worked out!!(what could be bad, sugar and more sugar!) I've never tried it because I always thought anything that needed a thermometer, would be too difficult for me! It was actually pretty easy and fast. It only took about 10 min. plus cooling time! I think I will make some more tomorrow! If I don't hurry and give it away, I will have to get a new wardrobe to ring in '08! I will have to enter this in my Christmas memory book!

The recipe-
Mix 1c. sugar & 1/2 c. corn syrup in glass 2qt. bowl on high for 4 min.
Stir in 1c. peanuts (I used dry roasted) microwave on high 3 1/2 min.
Then stir in 1t. butter & 1t. vanilla and microwave 1 1/2 min.
Stir in 1t. baking soda until light & foamy. Pour on well buttered cookie sheet, let cool, break in pieces...enjoy!

(mine didn't cover whole pan, I just spread out best I could with wooden spoon & let cool. I'm going to try and double batch tomorrow and see if it works and makes more! =)

Let me know if you try it and it works out for you!!
~joanne

2 comments:

The Hendersons said...

I love peanut brittle. Save some for me.

Anonymous said...

Keep the peanut brittle coming. We always look forward to your treats in Grayling. :o)
See you soon and bring your game face.
Renee