Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The BIG Green...

This is kinda an odd post...if you haven't already guessed! We are official E-Bay junkies! It all started with this simple carpet cleaner a couple of months ago. I had it in my garage sale for 2 years for $10, no one took a second glance at it. We decided after looking at them on E-bay that we would list it and at least move it to someone else's castle. We did and it sold for a mere $285! WOW. Double WOW!!
Okay, we decide that there are some crazy people out there!! I need to tell you that the buyer was in California...need I say more. I'm totally perplexed at why someone wouldn't head out to there local Target and pick themselves up a brand new machine!! Very confusing to me. We would have been delighted to get $50 out of it!! But hey, we will take $250ish...after we paid to have it shipped !! Not a bad return on our investment...we traced it back to our purchase date, some time in the early 90's! I will have to say, it wasn't a fun job to pack that baby up!
Odder yet...I came across one last week-end at a thrift store...guess what I purchased it...surprise! Maybe there is still some crazies out there! There is! We listed it and have like 5 watches on it already. It will probably not sell for $285 but I will be ecstatic about$50... Maybe I will post when it sells and give you the end cost!
It's just like a garage sale...one mans junk another's treasure.
Life is so fun (or funny!?)
~joanne

3 comments:

The Hendersons said...

Joanne - it's eBay the BEST! It really an amazing use of the web. Congrats on your new found job (finding deals and selling them on eBay). Believe it or not - this is what THOUSANDS of people do for a living these days. No kidding! I even know a woman who started a business to provide templates to sellers to make selling easier. She now makes like $100K a MONTH!

So, remember, the people of California also made eBay! (its about 5 miles away from us!).

- California Tod

The Hendersons said...

Okay.. first I meant "isn't" not it's in my previous comments.. sheesh.

Jo - also, you should charge SHIPPING so you don't have to eat the shipping out of your sales price! One of the greatest scams on eBay is to sell something at cost and then overcharge for shipping and handling. That's where most eBayers make most of their money!

~joanne said...

We charge for shipping. I was just trying to explain why there was a discrepancy in the amounts. I often wonder where people get all there "stuff" to sell. So much of it is new! Is it'hot'?